Evaluation of Leg Ulcers & Diabetic Foot Problems
After a thorough Clinical, Radiological & Orthotic Evaluation of patients, The Save Legs Diabetic Foot Clinic aims to achieve the BEST in
- LEG CONSERVATION
- LEG AMPUTATION PREVENTION
- REHABILITATION OF PATIENTS
- Treatment and healing of DIABETIC FOOT ULCERS
- Prevention of recurrence of DIABETIC FOOT ULCERS and wounds
- Reduction of morbidity and mortality due to LEG ULCERS
Goals of the clinic:
To generate awareness about problems pertaining to the leg and foot, DIABETIC FOOT ULCERS & wounds and Chronic Wounds especially of the lower limb but also of other parts of the body like BED SORES etc.
We also aim to optimize the use of newer investigative and treatment modalities like negative pressure wound therapy, Hyperbaric oxygen, growth factors etc so as to give optimum results to our patients without wastage of resources.
Our aim is also to generate awareness about such newer advances amongst patients and caregivers and help them to optimize treatment protocols for better results
- To do a thorough evaluation of the patients, which includes • vascular evaluation,
• neurologic examination with advanced equipment,
• orthotic evaluation and
• orthopaedic evaluation.
- To advocate lifestyle modification and help in the same when required, through the services of a trained team.
The Aim of All Diabetic Foot Interventions …..whether Surgery or Wound Care Modalities etc …… is to get the patient back to an active lifestyle at the earliest, improve quality of life and give a Plantigrade Foot with the aim to prevent or reduce Future Complications.
However we would not advocate lower limb amputations except in extreme conditions where there is danger to life of the individual as major limb amputations are themselves associated with much higher morbidity & mortality.