Dr Jayessh Kakar M.S (General Surgery)
CONSULTANT SURGEON & PODIATRIST
One of the pioneers in Diabetic Foot, Limb Salvage & Advanced Wound Care & Podiatry in India and especially Hyderabad, I follow the following saying :
“God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference.” – Reinhold Neibuhr
No one modality or material works on its own, and the recognition of the time of intervention, the change in modality/material and use of the appropriate modality/material after constant review, is what helps wounds to heal.
The awareness of your treating doctor/caregiver to newer and appropriate modalities which may be useful in your case is important for the success of treatment.
1. Save Legs Diabetic Foot Clinic & Wound Care Center Geetha Nursing Home
Road No.4, West Marredpally, Secunderabad – 500026
Time: 11:30am-2pm (Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday & Saturday)
2. Save Legs Diabetic Foot Clinic & Advanced Wound Care Center C/O Indo British Advanced Pain Clinic
2nd Floor, #284/A, Above Indian Overseas Bank, Rd Number 12, near Omega hospital, MLA Colony, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad, Telangana 500034, India
Time: 11:30am-2pm (Monday & Thursday)
Call: 8801109826 (for appointments at all locations)
About the doctor
Special Interest :
The treatment of the diabetic foot
Experience : >20 years.
Taught and lectured at various medical bodies like the IMA Juhu , IMA Hyderabad , Vascular Society Of India , Association of Surgeons of India. Also consulted at well known hospitals like Breach Candy ,Sir H.N. Hospital in south Mumbai and BSES MG Hospital Andheri (W)
Established a center at Hyderabad in 2007 The Save Legs Clinic .
Not very comfortable with the corporate culture so prefer operating in smaller hospitals and Nursing Homes.
Dedicated area of work: (Prevention of amputation)
- Since 2001 have been actively involved in Advanced Wound Care and Salvage of The Diabetic foot. Maximum salvage of the foot is attempted, which includes preventing if possible toe loss or preventing loss of a major part of the foot.
- The aim behind this initiative is to prevent future foot problems in diabetic foot patients, because even a single toe amputation can over time lead to destabilization of the foot structure leading to further amputations and limb loss.
Achievements and Research
Have been contributing in research and teaching the younger generation of doctors and paramedics.
- Research on foot infections has been published in the European Chemical Journal 2015.
- Continue to contribute towards learning by regularly taking lectures at various medical associations and teaching programs for young doctors.
- Along with many medical associations in India ,was also a member of the European wound management Association.
- Papers presented at EWMA2016 at Bremen, Germany on research on the treatment and management of chronic wounds and diabetic foot problems, can be viewed by clicking here.
- Recent Publication : Multimodality Treatment for Nonhealing Wound With Osteomyelitis in Sickle Cell Disease –The International Journal of Lower Extremity Wounds – Nov 2020
Dedicated to after-care:
We believe in complete comprehensive after care including supervising/doing every post surgical dressing.
Customized footwear is given to every patient who so desires
1.GEETHA MULTISPECIALTY HOSPITAL
Road No.4, West Marredpally , SECUNDERABAD